August 4, 2012 - Lake Otay Tournament Article
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: August 4, 2012 - Lake Otay Tournament Article

August 4, 2012 - Lake Otay Tournament Article 5 years, 1 month ago #197

• jason
  • Administrator
  • Jason Sleight
The August 4, 2012 El Cajon Ford Night Tournament held at the Lower Otay Reservoir was a great success. We had 493 bass caught by the 36 teams in attendance, with nine of those bass weighing over 5.00lbs, and Big Bass going to a nice 8.21lber.

All the Anglers, My Staff and I would like to thank the City Lake staff of Erika and Vivian for their help, and professionalism. They always do a great job making sure we get on the water safely, and in a timely manner. We look forward to working with them at other events in the future.

First Places went to Jesse Hinkley/Kyle Rodger their 3 bass limit weighing 13.67lbs was anchored with a 6.26lb bass. The pair took home $2,250. The duo said they caught bass all night, all over the lake.

Second Place went to Todd Holverson/Jason Sleight with 13.47lbs, with a 5.97lbs kicker, Todd said they missed allot of big bites early in the night which cost them the win. The team took home $1,000 for the nights work.

Third Place went to Josh Rhodes/Chris Studinger; they had a 3 bass limit that weighed in at 13.10lbs with a 5.31lb Big Bass that was good for $500.

The Big Bass of the tournament was brought to the scale by the team of Rod Hughes/Gaylord Van Brockin. The bass weighed in at 8.21lbs. Rod told the crowd he caught the bass on a senko out deep. The team took home a total of $1,000.

Our next event will be the final tournament of the season, and will be held at Lake El Capitan on September 15, 2012. 15 teams are still in the hunt for a chance at making the final Top Ten teams that will be qualified for the Fish Off. With Lake El Capitan producing some big bass lately the last event of the season could be a shoot out.

Besides the Top Ten teams, we have nine teams that could be entered in the drawing for the two remaining spots in the Fish Off, so if you miss the top ten you still have a great chance of being drawn for the final two spots. In my last email I said the championship was on September 29, 2012, that is the wrong date, the correct date is October 6, 2012, so mark this on your calendar. The Lake for the Fish Off will be decided at the final tournament.

My staff & I want to say thank you to El Cajon Ford, Fish’n Marine Center, Anglers Marine, and Lakeside Bait and Tackle for all they have done, and continue to do for the circuit.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds

Products

Coming soon!

• Shirts
  • Headwear
  • Stickers

Contact Us

Jim Sleight
3324 Cottonwood Springs Lane
Jamul, CA 91935
Cell: (619)813-3324 | Fax: (619)447-0244