Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: July 7, 2012

July 7, 2012 5 years, 2 months ago #196

• jason
  • Administrator
  • Jason Sleight
44 teams were in attendance for the 4th tournament of the El Cajon Ford Night Series at Lake Hodges on Saturday July 7th. The day tournaments at the lake have been producing some nice limits along with big bass, knowing there hasn’t been a Night Tournament held on the lake in the last 3 years the teams were hoping the results would continue with the Night Tournament, so anticipation and excitement to land a big bass was high.

First Place honors went to Trevor Lincoln/Cameron Smith, their 3 bass limit tipped the scale at 19.08lbs with second Big Bass of the event weighing in at 7.94lbs, this was a 6.36lb average, nice job guys. Trevor said all their bass were caught on the Rat and Senko, this method was good for a $2,500.00 payout. The win has moved the team 26 points in front of the 2nd place team for the Championship.

Second place went to Miller Marks/Ray Marler with 15.15lb limit anchored by Big Bass of the tournament that weighed in at 9.79lbs. The duo were fishing their first tournament of the year, and pocketed $1,750.00 for the nights efforts. Miller told the crowd the big bass was caught on a Senko.

Third place went to Art Bailey/Pat Walden who had a limit weighing in at 14.78lbs. This netted the duo $700.00 their big bass was a nice 5.92lber. Art said they fooled the bass working a Senko and Worms on rock piles.

For the evening we weighed 10 bass that weighed between 5 to 10lbs, we also had allot of 4 pounders come to the scales. The average weight per bass was 3.11lbs.

With two tournaments remaining there’s 17 teams in the hunt for spots to fish the championship on October 6, 2012 at a lake to be announced. This event is totally free to all qualifying teams. To qualify you need to finish in the top 10 in the standing for the season. The other way to qualify is by a drawing, I will draw 2 teams that have fished all 6 events, but did not finish in the top ten.

We have some great sponsors that help make this the premier circuit in San Diego. Please stop by, and say thank you.

Lakeside Bait and Tackle has donated two $50 gift certificates for each event that we give to the team finishing out of the money if you win the certificate, say thanks to Dianne when you redeem them.

Anglers Marine in Santee (Art Bailey) will pay for the special fee that will be used at the championship in October Art and Anglers Marine have been long time supporters of this circuit. They have a great facility for boat repairs.

Fish’n-Marine Center (Andy Paluczak). Andy along with his partner Kelly Salmans have offered to pay for the sit down Steak dinner and the launch permits for the championship. Please stop bye and say thanks, they also have a some great buys at the store.

Finally I want to thank our title sponsor El Cajon Ford. They have always given us great support, whatever I need they make sure I have it without hesitation. Paul and his staff at El Cajon ford are generous and sincere people that love to support the fisherman in this area. If you’re shopping for a new truck visit the gang at El Cajon Ford.

My Staff of Woody Olson, Regina & Dave Seaberg, Ron Overman and Scott Ashley keep me going in the right direction, without them I would be lost.
Regina Seaberg celebrated her birthday at this tournament. During the safety meeting all the teams surprised Regina Seaberg with a birthday cake and sang happy birthday to her. She said that this was the best birthday she has ever had because she got to spend the night with 90 fishermen! Sometimes it’s better not to ask anymore question.

The next Night Tournament will be at Lake Otay on October 4, 2012. This should be another great event. I will also have an announcement about next season.

Jim Sleight
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds

Products

Coming soon!

• Shirts
  • Headwear
  • Stickers

Contact Us

Jim Sleight
3324 Cottonwood Springs Lane
Jamul, CA 91935