Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: June 2, 2012

June 2, 2012 5 years, 3 months ago #192

• jason
  • Administrator
  • Jason Sleight
Dear Anglers,
The 2012 El Cajon Ford Night Series held the 3rd night tournament of the season at Lake Otay this past weekend. Thank you to the lake staff for all their help getting the teams on the water with plenty of daylight, which allowed the teams to fish the evening bite.  We had good turn out this event with 40 teams competing for some great cash prizes.  We had a total of 116 bass weighted and 112 bass released.  The average weight per fish was 3.12lb for this event.

First place went to John Blake and Gene Collins with a limit of bass that weighed 13.81lbs.  Blake & Collins had the Big Bass of the tournament that weighed in at 7.79 lbs. This fish proved to be the winning margin. Blake & Collins took home $3,650.00 for their nice bag of fish.   This was the first win for Blake and Collins, with Mr. Blake catching his personal best during this tournament. 

Second Place went to Andy Paluczak and Bryan Sturn with a limit of bass that weighted 13.68lbs.  Paluczak & Sturn had all sold fish with their big fish weighing 5.56LBs.  The team took home a nice payday of $1,000.00 for their nights effort.  We would like to give a special thanks to Andy Paluczak, owner, of Fish-N-Marine Center for donating the BBQ for the fish-off at the end of the season.  Additionally, Mr. Paluczak has also stepped up to the plate is going to donate the fishing permits for the anglers for the fish-off in order to make the event free for those teams that qualify for the fish-off.

Third place went to John Cassidy and Greg Miser with a limit of bass that weighted 13.59lb, which was anchored by 5.50lb large mouth.  Cassidy & Miser took home a nice pay day of $500.00 for their nights effort.  John Cassidy from Angler Arsenal has donated $100.00 gift certificate for the El Cajon Ford 2-day Open in August.  Mr. Cassidy will donate another gift certificate at the next event.  If you have question regarding the 2-day event call Angler Arsenal. 

We would like to thank Barbeque Pit for the BBQ before the tournament, as I am sure we had many hungry fishermen that enjoy the catered food.  El Cajon Ford Night Series will continue to have catered BBQ before each events so please come and fish a professional circuit with great food and prizes. Additionally, We would like to thank Angler Marine and Art Bailey for their donation of the special permits for the fish-off at the end of the season. Also, we would like to thank Diane at Lakeside Bait and Tackle for their (4) $25.00 gift certificated that were given to 11th & 12th Places.  Lastly, We would like to give a special thanks to Paul leader and John Blake of El Cajon Ford for the continued support of this event.  El Cajon Ford has been a dedicated team tournament sponsor and we truly appreciate their support. If you would like to be sponsor at the upcoming events please give Jim Sleight a call as we are looking for more participation.

Lastly, I would like to thank my staff of Woody Olson, Larry Bottroff, Regina Seaberg, Ron Overman and Scott Ashley for their continued assistances in these events.  I can never express my thanks enough to the people that help me make these events happen and run smoothly. 

Please note, the next tournament will be July 7th, 2012 at Lake Hodges as a vote was taken at our last event, so we are moving the tournament due to the busy weekend and the skier at Lake El Capitan.  If you have any question regarding these events please visit www.sdteamseries.com where you can view results, standings, date and images of these event.

Jim Sleight 
EL Cajon Ford Night Series
3324 Cottonwood Springs Lane
Jamul, CA 91935
Office/Fax:  619.447.0244
www.sdteamseries.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds

Products

Coming soon!

• Shirts
  • Headwear